Friday, August 31, 2007

Footprints

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamt he was walking along

the beach with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene he noticed
two sets of footprints on the sand

-- one belonging to him and the other to
the Lord. When the last scene had flashed before him,

he looked back at the footprints and
he noticed only one set. He also noticed

that this happened during the lowest and

saddest times of his life. This bothered

him and he questioned the Lord.

"Lord, you said that once I decided
to follow you, you would walk all the
way with me, but I noticed that during
the most troublesome times of my
life there was only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you deserted me."


The Lord replied,

"My precious child, I love you
and would never leave you.


During your times of trial and
suffering, when you see only

one set of footprints, those
were the times when

I carried you in my arms.

No comments: